Valentine’s Day Ideas for Orange County
September 24, 2012
Valentine’s Day is almost here, and this is the day that has been set aside for romance. If you want to do something really special for your sweetheart, you have plenty of options to choose from right here in Orange County. Below are a few ideas to help get your romantic, creative juices flowing.
1. Wine Tasting – Whether you are well-versed in all things relating to wine or have never participated in a wine tasting before, this is a fun and romantic way to spend some time around Valentine’s Day. There are a few great wineries in Orange County, so call a few to see which is offering the most attractive Valentine’s Day package.
2. A Midsummer Night’s Dream – The South Coast Repertory Company is putting on their fabulous rendition of a Midsummer Night’s Dream. Performances will be held each Thursday, Friday and Saturday through February 20th. Follow up with a romantic dinner (see #5!).
3. Volunteer – This might not be the most traditional way to spend the afternoon of Valentine’s Day, but for someone who loves to give, there will be nothing better. In nursing homes throughout Orange County, there are people who will be spending Valentine’s Day alone. No one will invite them to dinner or buy them a special gift. Consider wooing your Valentine by showing her how much you care for others. Buy a few dozen roses and spend a few hours handing them out to residents of a local nursing home. There are several nursing care centers in Orange County including Newport Nursing Center, Family Choice Senior Center and Royale Health Care Center. After you help to brighten the day of others, treat your sweetheart to a lovely and romantic Valentine’s Day dinner.
4. Tidepool Walk – For couples who enjoy spending time in the great outdoors, what could be better than a Valentine’s Day spent wandering through the more than 2400 acres of pristine land that is Crystal Cove State Park? On February 12th there will be an organized Tidepool walk, but you can also explore the 17 miles of hiking trails on your own. Bring along a small picnic to hold you over until the romantic dinner that you’ll share later.
5. Dinner with a View – Nice restaurants in Orange County are a dime a dozen. If you want to impress your sweetheart this Valentine’s Day, you’ll need to find a dinner spot that has a little something extra, such as an extraordinary view. Orange County Mining Company offers the best of everything: the best food, the best service AND the best view. A special Valentine’s Day dinner is available for only $100 per couple. You will be treated to our signature entrees, ridiculously delicious desserts as well as champagne for toasting. Make your reservations today by calling 714-997-7411.
You can impress your Valentine in a number of ways. Whether you choose to get dressed up and explore the world of wine, go hiking or help those who are less fortunate, the most important part of Valentine’s Day is being with the one that you love.